THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Let Down!

The weekend is over! Friday night I went to the Irish Heritage Clubs LADIES reverse raffle! It was great to see my Miss Jayne, the RN, live and in person. She is brilliant, I tell you. This girl set her mind to something...a nursing degree...and she just went ahead and did it!! I know she will have a great career as a nurse but she was also one heck of a pre-school teacher!! Her darling English mum was there also and it is always a pleasure to spend time with Babs!! But I must say...Ruthie Stoll takes the prize!! It was a hoot to sit next to her and hear some more of the continuing story of Ruthie ... the girl from the hood! Cannot believe Joe is in High School...since it was yesterday, when he was just in my Sunshine 3 year olds class at Best Beginnings. Where does the time go?? I wonder if Eddie, the knight in shinning armor, called the teachers at St Eds and said..."This is Edward Stoll...go hard on that boy!!" . Poor little Joe sat on time out at school one day and I got the call...thinking oh no...this one doesn't think his precious boy deserved a time out...BUT no...what a surprise!!! I was told maybe my timeouts need to be longer!!! I love this little family-they just crack me up!! I had a blast...I did not win the raffle but I did win a basket and a trip down memory lane... Thanks Ladies!!



On to Saturday and Beckie's Big Bash... we worked our tails off to prepare and we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day!! Beckie made some funds towards her marathon goal but we were disappointed that more friends did not make to the fundraiser! Those of you who attended...THANK YOU! We had prizes to give away and many fun games and activities for adults and children!! Of course the children were my responsibility and I had a grand time entertaining them!! We painted pumpkins, did word searches, and had a scavenger hunt!!



Molly Carolyn worked so hard to get that paint on the pumpkin!! It was a fun, fun, day!!

Then...just when you thought my post was OVER...Sunday arrives! After going back to the BIG BASH site for some cleanup, Dave and I had a quiet day at home...relaxing!! Bridget and Cyle brought Cayden over at 6- so they could go to dinner alone together for their anniversary---***One Year*** Congrats to them...and Congrats to Dave and I ... today we marked 29 years of wedded Bliss...oh happy day

No comments: