THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

You Capture ~ Old Signs!

This week's capture challenge is Old Signs.  I found a few in Pa over the weekend!  Check them out...

Love this one.  It is on the road to camp, a gravel, narrow road with camp cottages on either side.  The residents decided years ago that 20 was just way to fast so they re-painted their sign!  Isn't that the funniest thing you have ever seen??

This gate hods a sign made of metal above it that reads... PLEASE GO AWAY.  This is a man's home but by the looks of it you would assume it's a store.  The front is littered with items one might want to purchase.  It is sort of a trap.  He waits for you to get out of your car to check it out and he comes out yelling to get off his property.  It's the darnest thing, I tell you!

Here is his front door.  Very BEWITCHING!

This is a sign also in front of the geezers home.  Watch it... he might kill you himself!

Who doesn't like Hershey's Ice Cream?  No, we were not in Hershey Pa.... wish we were though!!

More sign of olden days can be found here!

11 comments:

Alice said...

these are really funny! let's see - i think the painted over speed limit sign is probably a little illegal, but who cares! it's a great picture! and the geezer sounds like a hoot! i love his 'go away' sign. great signs you found here, thanks for sharing them - you made my day!

my old sign pictures are posted now also. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O).

Prairie Lady said...

That house is so whimsical. It's funny.

Katypie said...

I LOVE the Please Go Away sign!


Can I get one of those for my classroom door? ;-)

Christie @ Life Begins said...

The painted over speed limit sign is interesting. And I want a sign on a gate that says PLEASE GO AWAY. Great pictures, I love them all!

Kathy Campbell said...

Those are fantastic! I love the Go Away sign!

Anjie said...

I love the "Please Go Away" sign! I would love to have one in my yard. Great captures!

busygirl said...

i love the speed limit sign! such an creative solution ;)

Unknown said...

That man sounds like QUITE the character - and he has some great stuff!

That speed limit sign totally cracks me up!

Roxi's Reasons... said...

You are such a great photographer and you have such a great "EYE" for interesting things ! Loved them all!

corrin said...

Those are some fantastic signs. I may need the Please Go Away gate!

Vera said...

That old man sounds interesting, if a little spooky :) I love the go away sign on the gate!