THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Heavy Hearts

Our Tegan and Kelley Marie have suffered a miscarriage this past weekend. We were surprised with the exciting news of a new baby, one that would be due very near their wedding date. We are saddened by this loss. My heart is heavy being so far away from them both. I really just want to hold them both and cry with them. I have never experienced a miscarriage, but Beckie has, and she will, no doubt have the right things to say to her brother and to Kelley.

To Tegan, my son...
I have never been so proud of you as I am today. You have been Kelley's rock these past weeks, her comfort, someone she could cry with, the one person who understands her hopes and fears. You are a good man. I wish I could hug you in person. I am sorry you have to go through this experience. I love you very much.

To Kelley Marie,
I am also very proud of you. You faced your fears this week with an open heart. The ups and the downs, one minute, one day at a time, even though you were so scared. I found this poem I wanted to share with you.

Tiny Footprints On A Mother's Heart

When a baby arrives,
be it for a day, a week, a month, a year or more,
or perhaps only a sweet flickering moment-
the fragile spark of a tender soul
the secret swell of a new pregnancy
the goldfish flutter known only to you-
you are unmistakeningly changed...
the tiny footprints left behind on your heart
bespeak your name as Mother.

I am truly sorry that I cannot hold you, and hug you right now, and I am sorry that you have to know this sorrow. I love you.

5 comments:

Belinda said...

Oh that is so sad and im so sorry for their loss. I have had a miscarriage and its just devastating. My thoughts go out to your family xx

mamarox78 said...

THE THINGS THAT WE LEARN ABOUT OURSELVES THRU SORROW HELP TO FORM THE PEOPLE THAT WE ARE . TEGAN AND KELLEY (AND YOUR FAMILIES ) LOSS HAVE CREATED A BOND THAT IS SUCH A SOURCE OF COMFORT AND STRENGTH! MAY YOUR HEAVY HEARTS BE LIGHTENED BY ALL THE LOVE AROUND YOU !!! I AM SO SORRY.....

Katypie said...

Love, thoughts, and prayers to Teg and Kelley!

Bacardi Mama said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had a miscarriage myself many years ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your whole family.

Gina said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. I did wonder if that was what you were asking prayers for in your recent post. I miscarried our third baby and it was devastating. I still get goosebumps and a lump in my throat when I hear that someone is going through what I did. My husband bought me a tiny gold locket with baby footprints on the front and an exerpt from the "Footprints" prayer on the back. I put photos of our two little girls in the locket as a way of keeping all three babies close to my heart. We have Gareth now but I still feel that sadness for what might have been.