THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Long Goodbye...

We pack up the cars... we wave goodbye to Nicky! We have had a blast up on this mountain for the past week.
Nicky wishes us safe travels!
I hug my newlyweds and I cry. I always try not too... but something happens whenever I leave Tegan. Now it's whenever I leave Tegan and Kelley. I know they are happy together but I so wish they were closer to home.
It just makes me feel as empty as these chairs on a sunny summer day in Colorado.
Donny drives.. our van following Dave's ahead of us as we leave this beautiful place...
But I know I will always remember what happened right down there....on the deck at Powderhorn, in Mesa Colorado on June 19th, 2010.
Magic...
They are off on their honeymoon.... We are home in Ohio! Next trip: October! I plan to be there when that baby girl Lesjak is born in Grand Junction!

3 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

I hate goodbyes too, but oh the wonderful memories you made in that week will last forever.

Gina said...

I have so enjoyed the wedding story unfolding on your blog this week. It has been like watching episodes of a soap opera as I have sat in the tea room in the hospital reading your updates on my phone! Colleagues have assumed you were an overseas friend as I talked about what I read. I knew they wouldn't understand if I told them our friendship was blog based. I think they would have called for the men in white coats to see me get so excited over a wedding of a family I have never met. Isn't it so funny how connected we can become through reading each others adventures! I think I'll just let my work mates keep thinking we are distant relatives...!!!

ShEiLa said...

I think most people hate 'Goodbyes'. My hubby is an extra tenderheart... and his water works get going then I can't help but cry.

At least you already have another trip planned.

ToOdLeS.