THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

30 Days of Thanks~ #27 Piano Sharing!

The story goes like this...
As a child, I wanted to play the piano so bad. One of the nuns at my school offered to give me free lesson since my desire was so strong! The lessons only lasted a couple of months because I had no piano at home to practice on and we all know Practice Makes Perfect. You have to practice something to really learn it! As an adult, one of David's Aunts gave me her old piano because I showed great interest in it when she first purchased it used, many years early. I took lessons for a year and enjoyed playing at my own pace! Years went by. My own kids had lessons, they grew up and left home. Soon the piano just sat here. I tried to give it to each one of my children. No one had room. It was a big, upright grand, and over 100 years old. A real beauty! I felt so bad that it just sat here in my home. So I contacted a site called FREE~CYLE. com and many, many people posted notes as to why they NEEDED my piano! I choose a lucky winner and 4 men and a truck showed up at my door to claim their new treasure!

Fast forward about 8 years. Beckie decides she would love to have a piano now. She would like the girls to have lessons. She looks online. She visits FREE~CYLE.com and finds one. She posts why she would love to own it! She tells them of her daughters, Sarah and Molly. She waits, and checks the site everyday for comments, hoping she gets a response!
Beckie wins! 3 guys ~ Dave, Danny and Cyle go and pick it up and deliver it to her house on a Saturday. On Monday, Sarah had her first piano lesson! What goes around ~ comes around!
I am THANKFUL for people who can see the value of "giving" something away.
This piano will be loved in this home.
As the men loaded the piano, I am told, a neighbor came out with cookies for the Sarah, Molly and Cayden! They sat in the driveway and colored pictures with Beckie as the guys worked to load the piano into Cyle's truck! Even the neighbor was pleased to see the piano go to a good home!

1 comment:

Chris said...

So sweet! They are going to love that piano.