THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Monday, March 28, 2011

One day, you will not want to hold my hand anymore...

Danny... I recently shared this story with some friends. When you were a little boy, you always wanted to hold my hand. I loved it but I would tell you, as you grew...
"One day, you will not want to hold my hand anymore." Your little face would look up at mine and say... "No Mommy, I will always hold your hand."

As you got older, it became a game between us. I would take your hand and you would look at me and say...
"It's not going to be today Mom." You melted my heart then, and you still do!
I love you so much.
The man that you are, the boy that you were...
I know if I needed to hold your hand~ you would be there for me!

Happy 26th Birthday ~ I love you! The future is shining bright in front of you!

6 comments:

Gina said...

You are such a sentimental person. How can you make someone who has never even met your son get all misty eyed in a few sentences?!
You are great!

Chris said...

Oh my goodness. Thanks for the tears this early in the morning! That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. He is such a handsome man/beautiful boy.

In that photo..... it looks like Molly is holding Dan!!! I'm guessing that is her wonderful mommy Becky. What an remarkable resemblance!

grace said...

My son is 28 and he would still hold my hand too. He gives great hugs too.
Loved the post.

Roxi's Reasons... said...

I have loved watching your beautiful son grow....he is definitely a "product" of your incredible love ! All of us grow so nicely because of that ! He is definitely an incredible guy ! Always has been, always will be ! I love that "Boone" !!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Crying my freaking eyes out!
Speak kind words. Hear kind echoes.
You made my day.
You reminded me of this.
You always give me a cyber hug.
What would I do without you?

Bacardi Mama said...

Okay, this post made me cry. Such a sweet story. Happy Birthday to your boy (or man)!