THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Friday, February 25, 2011

SCARY...

Flight 394 on USA 3000 was a bit SCARY this morning! I left Fort Myers Florida this morning at 6 am bound for Cleveland. The lady in line behind me, dropping off her elderly mother says to me... "My husband is a pilot and he says United has canceled all flights out of Cleveland this morning." She was wondering how USA 3000 was going to fly right into Cleveland. Well, we didn't exactly fly right into Cleveland. We spent about 40 minutes in some very turbulent air. People were getting sick, kids were screaming, with every dip and drop! The pilot says to us... " We may head to Columbus or Cincinnati. Cleveland has one runway shut down with a disabled plane and the other we could use is down while plows clear the snow. We will slow down and see if it gets re opened in the next 15 minutes! GREAT! Cleveland cleared that runway and we did finally land~ a very, very, scary landing! One followed with clapping from all the relieved passengers!

Last Thursday as I sat at the Cleveland airport, my flight on USA 3000 was late. It arrived and had some switch problems. We sat and waited and waited some more. The 7:40 pm flight was delayed. People got angry. The attendant made a pa announcement calling her airline "A Discount Airline" ~ suggesting we should all just be quiet and accept the fact there was nothing at all we or they could do for us. They did fly a jet in from St Louis, empty, for us to get to Fort Myers. We left Cleveland at 4 am and got to Florida at 7 am~ What a crazy night!! I did have a blast with new friends~ Joan, Kathy, MaryBeth, Gina and Angelina!! Thanks for making the hours fly by with lots of laughter! I may NEVER fly USA 3000 again!


This morning, I left this behind...
and came home to this...
But that's ok... He is here too!!

10 comments:

Katypie said...

Snow, snow, go away! Don't come back another day!!
Glad you made it home safely! It's a good thing you weren't just a few hours later... NOTHING is coming in/out of CLE now!

Bridget and Cyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget and Cyle said...

Glad you're home safe!! But I believe your hubby, a few of your gems, and I are flying USA 3000 in April?! Yikes. Hopefully we'll have better weather and better luck then!!

Diana Lesjak said...

No way Bridget... you all are flying Continental!!

Roxi's Reasons... said...

Glad you made it home safely ! Geez, craziness !

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly, I am glad you arrived alive. I currently share your sentiments about the airline. I spent my week in FL talking about the great ladies I met in the airport!

Stay Warm,

Joan

Gina said...

Glad you got home safe! Sounds like a scary trip. Bet you were very glad to get a big hug from your husband!

Bacardi Mama said...

Glad you made it home safely. That had to be so scary. Remind me to never fly USA 3000. I'd never heard of them before.

Unknown said...

Oh my word. That is so scary! I always say that I don't mind paying full price for flights I just don't want to end up dead!

ShEiLa said...

from Sunshine to Snow... hmmmmm why did you go back home... oh yeah the guy with the awesome smile.

ToOdLeS.

ps. I don't want to take USA 3000 you have convinced me.