THEY CALL ME... MEME!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

8 and under!

My girls, Sarah and Molly, are both on the Torpedo Swim Team
this year!
8 and Under!

Here's Sarah and her friend Carrie as they prepare 
to mark their bodies with bubbles~
They are members of the Bubble Club!
Molly is officially initiated into the club!
So cute!

Molly cried and cried her first couple of practices.
Her mommy assured her that 
"swimming on swim team will be so much fun"~
and then Molly took to the water without tears.

This was her first meet.
She was a little nervous but so ready!

Sarah was excited to see how her little sis would do!

Mommy told Molly she was so proud of her!
Meme told her I was so excited to see her swim 
and to take pictures!

Love my Sarah Rose!

All the coaches are so great with the kids!
Always giving them positive encouragement!

I love that the man sitting on the right, Don C. was Beckie's swim
team coach and now coaches Sarah!

Coach Al gives Molly some last minute advice 
for her first ever rely race!

She was ready to go!
"You can do it Molly"

And she did!
 

It is so fun that my friend Allison's kids are on the team too.
I didn't get any pictures of Lily~ I will next time!
But here is Ben~isn't he the cutest?
What a character!
Love his "JUMP" into the water!  


Sarah ~ ready, set, GO!




The girls worked on Rainbow Bracelets in between
events!  Even the coach was willing to learn how to 
make one!


Daddy was there too~ proud of his baby girl!

Carrie and Sarah discuss the results~ excited for a WIN!

Molly changed her cap to YELLOW~
For backstroke, they put my baby in lane 3!
I asked Beckie, "How is she at backstroke?  How can they put her
in lane 3?? "  I was so worried about her being in the middle of the pool,
in case she needed help!! Ha!  
Carrie turned and looked right at me and said,
"Molly is so good at backstroke, you'll see!"

She was RIGHT!  Molly did a great job!

She even went off the block in her other events~
even though she was so nervous about it!
She did great!

Coach Al is bragging up his 8 and under Walton girls to
their Mom!

Swim team is so great for building self confidence!
I am so proud of my little swimmers!

Great job girls!





3 comments:

Bridget and Cyle said...

Sure makes me miss our AOCC swim days!! It was so muh fun, and I sure hope Sarah and Molly have as great an experience with it as their mommy and I did!! I wish we had swim team at Lincolnview!

Carrie said...

I was on a team starting at age 4 in the summer and then all year round when I turned 12. I miss it! My oldest did the team this summer and loved swimming, but not her 1 swim meet. It is such a great experience, swim team is great.

Meigan said...

Isn't that just great!!!! Those girls are doing a great job and there is nothing like conquering a fear!! Wahoo!!!